a show about weird science, alternate universes, and family.
this page will contain spoilers in the "rewatch" section and beyond. if you're thinking about watching fringe, i highly recommend you go in blind for the best experience, but i can't really stop you.
the main cast of this show is one big found family and you can't change my mind
- olivia dunham is the very-main character. she's a badass fbi agent who has so much compassion it hurts.
- peter bishop makes me shout "go white boy go!" at the screen. he's an asshole at first, but he has character growth so it's okay.
- walter bishop is peter's mad scientist father. he takes so many drugs. he is the most autistic-coded of the main cast but all of them give autism vibes honestly.
- astrid farnsworth is another badass fbi agent who becomes walter's lab assistant and best friend. she's incredibly sweet and caring and i love her.
- philip broyles is olivia's exasperated fbi dad. every day she brings him weird murders and every day he says "good job agent dunham" and sometimes he even smiles!
- nina sharp may be a bitch but she's my bitch. is supposed to give off extremely sketchy vibes at first the more the show went on the more i loved her.
- charlie francis is olivia's fbi bff. he is constantly surprised by weird science. he trusts olivia implicitly and it's very sweet.
i watched the first half of this show with my family, then watched it fully through with my roommate, and now i'm watching it again. i'll be writing a little about each episode i watch here!
(note: i actually stopped this rewatch because i got too busy... i'll start it again someday.)
s1e01: pilot. ah, the beginnings. back when peter is an absolute asshole. i genuinely forgot that olivia didn't start out working in fringe division.
s1e02: the same old story. would you believe me if i said i watched season one too fast to update this page so now i have to look up episode descriptions to remind myself what happened
s1e03: the ghost network.
s1e04: the arrival.
s1e05: power hungry.
s1e06: the cure.
s1e07: in which we meet mr. jones.
s1e08: the equation.
s1e09: the dreamspace.
s1e12: the no-brainer.
s1e13: the transformation.
s1e15: inner child.
s1e17: bad dreams.
s1e19: the road not taken.
s1e20: there's more than one of everything.
s1eXX: unearthed. bonus episode! watched this one with my roommate after we finished the entire show and it was wild. it's an alright episode that wouldn't be noteworthy if it was aired when it was supposed to be.
s2e01: a new day in the old town.
s2e02: night of desirable objects.
s2e04: momentum deferred.
s2e05: dream logic.
s2e07: of human action.
s2e08: august. this ep makes me... not cry, but get very close to crying. the car scene at the end is one of the first times september really shows emotion and you can tell humans are starting to grow on him.
s2e10: grey matters.
s2e11: johari window.
s2e12: what lies below.
s2e13: the bishop revival.
s2e15: peter. such a funky intro theme, i wish it was used more! this episode makes me cry at multiple moments.
s2e16: olivia. in the lab. with the revolver.
s2e17: white tulip. another cry-worthy episode.
s2e18: the man from the other side.
s2e19: brown betty. one of my favorite episodes. the concept, the costuming, the characters! olivia reminds me that i'm a lesbian once again. 'crippled genius trope' walter is... ehhhh but everything else in the worldbuilding of this ep makes me want to write fic and explore it more.
s2e20: northwest passage.
s2e21: over there: part one.
s2e22: over there: part two.